Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross

You know, I hate to comment about this, because it is such utter irrelevant manure.

However, as this has now blown up into such a national scandal, that Gormless Brown and Spam have thrown in their 2p, I suppose my 1p won't hurt.


WTF?

Why, Oh why, has this minor story, become so huge? I'm not defending Bland or Woss, because to be honest, I don't like either of them. Woss is a little less nauseating than Bland, but both of them are overpaid Primadonas of the highest order.

I say overpaid, because it is stolen taxpayers cash that is used to keep these two in the custom they have become used to.

At the end of the day though, both of them have made it their career to push the boundaries of decency (subjective word that) and thrived on their reputations of not giving a fig and taking the piss out of people.

Is it simply the fact that they chose to do it on a minor celeb's answerphone? Or is it the fact they broadcast this? Or the fact they didn't sound very sorry at all, when told to apologise by their bosses.

I bet they can barely believe what is happening now, and to be honest, neither can I. Usually these two are held up in such high regard by the establishment. They are at the forefront of liberal (the new bastardised version) attacks on "tradition" and other old school Conservative values.

Sometimes I actually find them funny. Again Woss more than Bland, but I am in deep shock that they have been thrown to the wolves, over something so trivial. At the end of the day, they have been crude, but hardly threatening or even serious in their language. Is this what we have come to, where even the hero's of the PC loving, Lib Dem voting, Metropolitan Elite, will be slaughtered at the alter of "not offending people".

Ye Gods. By all means they deserved a slap for stepping over the line; but when they have been so encouraged to push at that line, I can't see what the fuss is about. If some weirdo jokingly says he shagged my daughter, I'd either ignore him, or give him a short sharp statement he deserves. I certainly wouldn't throw all my toys out of the pram and get overly upset.

But that didn't happen here, did it. The Actor and his daughter were probably not amused, but I doubt they gave much of a monkeys. I think the bad old monster of collectivist witch hunts is at play hear, fed probably by the jealous feature of how much they are paid. Really people were just waiting to put the boot in, ever since Woss was outed as being a receiver of such a large portion of stolen money.

Then we see the sickening site of politicians smelling the blood of the weak and playing on it to gain themselves popularity.

The only good thing, is that these two would have been the first to do the same, if some other unfortunate had made the same mistake. Perhaps I should be glad they are getting a taste of their own medicine, but for some weird reason, I just find it all depressing.

No comments: