Sunday 23 March 2008

Big Brother arrives at Terminal 5

Fingerprints Row

The Information Commissioner is to investigate plans to fingerprint passengers at Heathrow's new Terminal 5.

Under the plans passengers' prints would be checked at the gate to ensure the person who checked in is the same person who boards the plane.

But airport operator BAA has been warned the security measures may be a breach of the Data Protection Act.


So it continues. Everyone who goes the the States, now has to submit their personal biometrics, or be denied entry. If you don't submit like a common thief, then you are denied entry. They started out with just one finger, but now have gone over to the full set.

Now our own country is going (being led) down the same route. Some will argue that it is up to the company whether they do this, but I am not one of them. There is hardly a raft of competing airports to choose from. BA is in a VERY privileged position to have exclusive use of Terminal 5. Therefore I see it as an extreme abuse of its monopoly position to demand this information.

People realise how little trust I have in big government. Well, from bitter experience, I don't have much trust in big corporations either. Indeed, I fully expect that big government and big corporations merge at some points, which is the original definition of fascism.

Sorry, but I don't accept that the government haven't had a MAJOR influence on this policy being put in place. I also don't believe in virtual monopolies being allowed to have this much power. More power than any democracy should be allowed to have.

For starters I will be canceling my BA frequent flyer account and will never fly BA again. That's great for now, but I think we are just slipping down the slope of a police state all the time. Yes I will probably be heavily inconvenienced with my work now, but it is all I can do.

My big fear is this is just the start. I fully expect this to be hailed as some sort of success and while it is in its initial phase, it will be made convenient for people. Once the sheep backing has been bought, then it will be rolled out across the other airports. Just as the government have been wanting for some time.

Wake up Britain. If you wondered how people like Hitler slipped into such total control, this should be ringing an alarm bell with you by now.

No comments: